For Test Environments: Oracle will apply this monthly update during the first daily maintenance that occurs at or after 22:00 UTC on Friday, September 1, 2023.
For Production Environments: Oracle will apply this monthly update during the first daily maintenance that occurs at or after 22:00 UTC on Friday, September 15, 2023.
Key Updates for EPM Cloud
New EPM Automate Commands
- getEssbaseQryGovExecTime – Retrieves the maximum amount of time, in seconds, that an Essbase query can run to retrieve and deliver information before the query is terminated.
- setEssbaseQryGovExecTime – This command sets the maximum amount of time, in seconds, that an Essbase query can run to retrieve and deliver information before the query is terminated
REST APIs to Get and Set Query Governor Execution Time
- Get Essbase Query Governor Execution Time – Returns the Essbase Query Governor Execution Time of all the Essbase Cubes
- Set Essbase Query Governor Execution Time – Sets the Essbase Query Governor Execution Time for all the Essbase cubes.
New Groovy Feature for Strategic Modeling
You can now use EPM Groovy rules to run a scenario rollup in an application that has Strategic Modeling enabled. The instance of the ScenarioRollup class can be used to perform multiple operations on a Scenario Rollup along with the passed model as selected model.
Other supported operations for this object include:
- Add a new root business case
- Remove an existing root business vase
- Verify whether a business case is available
- Obtain a list of all defined business cases
- Obtain a list of all leaf node scenarios
- Add a business case to the execute list
- Execute a scenario rollup with selected business cases
Export Groups to CSV in Access Control
Service Administrators and Access Control Managers can now export all EPM Cloud Group names and descriptions to a Groups.csv file using the “Export to CSV” button in Manage Groups tab of Access Control.
New Locations Page in Data Integration
A Location page is now available in Data Integration. Customers can view available locations and optionally delete any unused locations,
New File Operations Job Type in Pipeline
The new File Operations job type in Pipeline allows you to run the following operations at one time:
- Copy a file
- Move a file
- Unzip a file
New Continue and Stop Pipeline Execution Options
When running a Pipeline, you now have options to continue or stop the processing stage when a step in a stage fails.
Support for Passing Substitution Variables as Input Parameters in Pipeline Variables
You can now use a substitution variable as an input variable in Pipeline Variables. The substitution variable must be defined for all cubes to be used as an input value.
Copy URL Option Now Available for Non-Administrative Users
The Copy URL option, formerly only available to Service Administrators, is now available to all users so that direct URLs to the following artifacts can be share:
View Ever Been Late Tasks
Task Manager is enhanced with a new task system attribute called “Ever Been Late”, which automatically updates to indicate if the task has ever missed a scheduled due date within its workflow.
Key Updates for Planning
Enhanced Connected Planning with Sales Planning and Strategic Workforce Planning
- Sales Planning and Strategic Workforce Planning are now available as application types in the EPM Enterprise Cloud Planning business process.
- Sales Planning is a purpose-built application, which addresses specific functional needs for sales target quota and territory planning, advanced sales forecasting, and key account planning that covers sales and promotion planning. This solution helps automate the sales planning, forecasting, and reporting processes and leverages emerging AI technologies to predict sales forecasts.
- Strategic Workforce Planning is a purpose-built application, which addresses specific functional needs for full-time equivalent supply and demand planning, skills assessment, and labor cost planning. This solution simplifies strategic workforce planning to align your people strategy with your business strategy to ensure you have the right people at the right cost to meet your business objectives.
IPM Insights Enhancements
IPM Insights has been enhanced with the following features
- IPM Insights Analyzer view has a new option to highlight explainability for insights. You can also view historical data for prediction insights
- You can now define impact magnitude thresholds by absolute value, not just by percentage
- You can define insights to analyze at the parent level for Period members, not just at the leaf level.
Ability to Manage Alias Tables in Planning Modules
When you enable a Planning module, alias tables are now loaded only for the default language. In previous releases, when you enabled a module, alias tables were loaded for twenty supported languages. For new applications, after you enable a module, you can use a new option, Manage Seeded Alias Tables, to load alias tables for other languages.
If you have any questions regarding current or future Oracle Release Updates, reach out to the, Business Enablement and Managed Services team at Stratos.